Last week saw the launch of Vine for Android, the previously iPhone exclusive video app. Vine is a free app which allows users to record and share clips of up to six seconds. It’s proved to be popular since it’s launch in January, with 13 million users on iPhone! It’s popularity may be down to the fact that Vine’s maximum length of six seconds is less disrupting for fans tweeting habits. It is similar to the attention required for a tweet.
What use is Vine to your business? Well the most compelling reason is that recent Vine research has shown that branded ‘Vines’ are shared four times more often than branded online videos! Also, research tells us that visuals are processed 60,000 times faster by the human brain than text!
So, now it’s time to get creative with Vine! Here are some pointers to get you started….
Keep it simple – it’s only 6 seconds so trying to get too much information in may mean your message gets lost.
- Loop – repeating the video will increase the length of the engagement.
- Get your audience involved – why not ask people to contribute their own vines of them using your products or services? You could even make it into a contest!
- Tutorials – it’s a perfect way to show everyone how to use your product.
- Teasers – start getting your audience excited about launches of forthcoming products or services.
- Get personal – let people get to know the people behind your company by showing your employees, premises, workshops or events.
- Announcements – what better way to announce a special offer or discount!
We’d love to see any Vines that you create! Tweet us @visionodyssey